During Child Abuse Prevention Month and every month, we strive to create a strong, thriving community through Building Stronger Families.
Many county residents are already playing a role in preventing child abuse, strengthening families and creating great childhoods in this community. You can help too!
- Donate goods, money or time to an organization supporting children and families such as Volunteer and Partner Services.
- Volunteer with children through places of worship, schools, and sports or academic clubs.
- Mentor or tutor a child in your family, neighborhood, or community.
- Attend a Parenting Education Class with your children.
- Know the signs of child abuse and neglect, and if you see something, say something. If you're concerned about a child's well-being; want to report or discuss a possible abuse or neglect situation; or want advice, counseling, resources or help, please call the Child Protective Services Hotline at 703-324-7400, TTY 711.
Read on for more information about child abuse prevention efforts in Fairfax County.