If you have questions regarding rabies exposures or confinement procedures, please call the Fairfax County Health Department Rabies Coordinator at 703-246-2433, TTY 711 .
If you have questions regarding animal confinement and rabies testing, please use this link Animal Protection Services (recommended) or call 703-691-2131, TTY 711.
- National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians Compendium of Animal Rabies Prevention and Control (Updated 2016)
- Information for Veterinarians - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Rabies Prevention Guides (algorithms) for Veterinarians:
- Virginia Department of Health Rabies Exemption Information:
- Please complete this form: Exemption from Rabies Vaccination Certificate AND
- One of the following forms as applicable:
- Visit the Virginia Department of Health for more information about rabies regulations and exemptions