In a mental health or substance use emergency
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health or substance use crisis, help is just a phone call away, 24 hours a day. Call us.
CSB Emergency Services – 703-573-5679 TTY 711
Or come directly to the Merrifield Center.
8221 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive
Fairfax, VA 22031
MetroBus (Routes 1Z, 1A and 1C), and Connector bus (Routes 401 and 402)
If situation is immediately life-threatening, call 911. Ask for a crisis intervention team officer.
What happens when you come to CSB Emergency Services?
- When you come to CSB Emergency Services at the Merrifield Center, you can expect to be seen by a compassionate clinician who will assess the risk of the situation and help you get the services you need. This may include medication, detoxification, or even, in some cases, hospitalization at another facility. Merrifield is not a hospital; people do not stay there.
Who is eligible for CSB Emergency Services?
- All residents of Fairfax County and the cities of Fairfax and Falls Church are eligible for CSB Emergency Services. [Learn about who is eligible for other CSB services.]
Is there a cost?
- There is a fee charged for CSB services, but the fee is adjusted based on the individual’s ability to pay.
- No one is refused services if they can't pay.
- CSB accepts reimbursement from many health insurance plans as well as Medicaid and Medicare.
What is the Mobile Crisis Unit?
- In some situations, due to a psychiatric condition, someone may be a danger to themselves or others and unable or unwilling to come in to seek emergency mental health services.
- CSB Emergency Services includes a Mobile Crisis Unit (MCU) that can provide on-scene evaluation, treatment and crisis intervention in the community. The MCU specializes in responding to referrals from the Police, Fire and Rescue service, and other public safety agencies on cases where mental health consultation and intervention are needed.
Other emergency numbers
- Suicide prevention hotline – 703-527-4077 or text "CONNECT" to 855-11
- Fairfax Detoxification Center – 703-502-7000 or TTY 703-322-9080