Registration for 2023 – 2024 Fairfax County School Age Child Care (SACC) will begin on March 9. Registration will open on a rolling basis in alphabetical order by school. The schedule is as follows:
- Beginning Thursday, March 9: Enrollment for schools beginning with letters A - E (Aldrin – Eagle View)
- Beginning Tuesday, March 14: Enrollment for schools beginning with letters F - I (Fairfax Villa – Island Creek)
- Beginning Thursday, March 16: Enrollment for schools beginning with letters K - N (Keene Mill – North Springfield)
- Beginning Tuesday, March 21: Enrollment for schools beginning with letters O - S (Oak Hill – Sunrise Valley
- Beginning Thursday, March 23: Enrollment for schools beginning with letters T - W (Terra Centre - Woodley Hills)
The SACC School Year Program, operated by Fairfax County Neighborhood and Community Services, offers before- and afterschool care for children attending kindergarten through sixth grade in most Fairfax County public elementary schools and several community centers. Children with special needs are fully included in all SACC centers. In addition, SACC programs at Key and Kilmer centers serve youth, ages 5-21, with multiple types of disabilities.
Children must be at least 5 years of age on or before September 30 of the school year for which families are requesting services. Employment is not required for SACC program eligibility. The SACC program serves children five days a week, Monday-Friday. Before school care is 7 a.m. until school starts. Afterschool is from the end of the school day until 6:15 p.m.
- Phone registration is available at 703-449-8989. Phone lines will open at 8 a.m.
- Online registration is available through SACC Registration Online. If requesting services through this account, please do not log in to the system prior to 8 a.m. If you are in the system prior to that time, you will need to refresh your browser.
- If you do not currently have an account and wish to create one, please note it may take up to 5 days for your account to become active. Registration is available online. For more information and to create an account, please visit SACC School Year Program.
- If you have an account but have not logged into your account recently, please login at least 24 hours prior to your enrollment date to ensure you remember your password and can access your online account. If you are locked out of your account or need assistance to reset your password, please do not create an additional account. Please call SACC Registration at 703-449-8989.
Fees & Financial Assistance
Fees for 2023-24 will be posted when available. Families may be eligible for deductions that could reduce the fees for SACC services. A sliding fee scale is available for those who qualify based on Adjusted Household Income and/or number of children enrolled from the same family. To determine if your family is eligible for reduced fees, please review the Sliding Fee Application and applicable deductions. If your family may be eligible for reduced fees, please complete and submit the Sliding Fee Application, as well as any additional forms as needed and supporting documentation to SACC Registration. The completed forms and documentation may be submitted by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 703-653-1304
- Mail: 12011 Government Center Pkwy., Suite 936, Fairfax, VA 22035
For questions or additional assistance, contact SACC Registration at 703-449-8989, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.