Assistance Finding and Paying for Child Care
Financial assistance for child care to low and moderate income families who are working, or who are in education/training programs and need assistance with paying for the cost of child care.
Child Care Program Options
Importance of Choosing Regulated Child Care *
* Fairfax County is committed to nondiscrimination in all county programs, services and activities. To request reasonable accommodations or to receive this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-8100 or TTY 711.
- Fairfax County Permitted Family Child Care Providers
- Virginia State Licensed Center-Based and Family Child Care Programs
- Head Start/Early Head Start
- School Age Child Care (SACC)
Other Family Resources
- Children Ages Birth to Five
- Helping Your Child Love to Learn is a publication of Fairfax Futures, a nonprofit organization supporting young children’s school readiness, that provides helpful information for families and educators supporting young children’s school readiness. View this publication in English, Arabic, Farsi, Spanish or Korean.
- Early Education Resources
- School Age Children
- Financial Assistance
- Child Care Assistance and Referral financial assistance for child care to low and moderate income Fairfax County families who are working, or who are in education/training programs and need assistance with paying for the cost of child care.
- Financial and Medical Assistance and Employment and Training Access eligibility and application information related to Medicaid, Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families and assistance paying fuel bills.
- Fairfax County Health Department provides information about required childhood immunizations, health and dental services for children.
- Healthy Families Fairfax provides home-based parenting education, health information and referrals to community support for families at high risk for abuse and neglect.
- Head Start provides information about mental health, oral health, nutrition guidance and other aspects of young children’s healthy development.