The 2017 Annual Report on the Environment was presented to the Board of Supervisors on November 21, 2017. Copies of the report are available from the Department of Planning and Zoning, Suite 730, Herrity Building, 12055 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, Virginia.
The 2017 Annual Report on the Environment includes a companion Data Appendix. Links to the complete report and complete Data Appendix are provided below. Also provided are links to each chapter of the Annual Report and related Data Appendix sections, as well as links to appendices within each document.
Note: Subsequent to the publication of the Annual Report, numerous links to Fairfax County and other websites were corrected in the on-line version of this report. The links in the files below may differ from those included in the printed and CD versions of the report, but all of the links in the files below are active.
Table of Contents
- Introductory Materials | Data Appendix section
- Land Use | Data Appendix section
- Transportation | Data Appendix section
- Water | Data Appendix section
- Waste Management | Data Appendix section
- Parks and Ecological Resources | Data Appendix section
- Climate and Energy | Data Appendix section
- Air Quality | Data Appendix section
- Wildlife Management | Data Appendix section
- Technology | Data Appendix section
- Appendices in the Report:
- Appendices in the Data Appendix:
- Appendix A: 2017 Virginia General Assembly: Summary of Environmental Bills
- Appendix B: Environmental Stewardship/Volunteer Opportunities in Fairfax County
- Appendix C: How to Report Environmental Crimes or Concerns in Fairfax County
- Appendix D: EQAC Resolutions and Positions, November 2016 through September 2017
County staff is in the process of preparing responses to EQAC's recommendations. The response document will be posted once it is complete (anticipated by early April, 2018).