Preparedness requires a
whole community approach. As such, the Office of Emergency Preparedness and Response (EP&R) offers tips and tools to keep you and your community safe during an emergency.
Individuals and Families
- Make a kit.
- Make a plan.
- It is important for individuals and families to have a Household Plan that includes the needs of household pets.
- Get to know your neighbors and what their needs are. Plan together and be ready.
- Stay Informed.
Access and Functional Needs Populations
- Access and Functional Needs populations are those populations whose members may have additional needs before, during, and after an incident in functional areas including but not limited to: maintaining independence, communication, transportation, supervision and medical care.
- Historically, individuals with access and functional needs are disparately affected by emergencies. Special considerations must be put into place to account for these populations before, during and after an emergency.
- Enroll in Fairfax County’s Functional Needs Registry through Fairfax Alerts.