The Health Department helps to prevent the spread of the HIV virus in the community by identifying illness, connecting people to treatment and taking actions to prevent the spread of disease. The Health Department provides:
- Confidential HIV testing.
- HIV prevention counseling.
- Coordination of HIV/AIDS treatment.
- Coordination of the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), which provides medications for HIV-positive people.
- HIV prevention information and education throughout the community.
Get Tested for HIV
There are many ways to get an HIV test:
- Get tested at a Fairfax County Health Department clinic.
- Find a testing location outside of Fairfax County, or call the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) Disease Prevention Hotline at 1-800-533-4148.
- Download a list of confidential HIV and STD testing locations in Northern Virginia.
- Text your ZIP code to KnowIt (566948).
The video below explains the process for getting an HIV test.