According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 1 in 7 people in the United States who have HIV [human immunodeficiency virus] don’t know they have it. Get tested! It is the only way to know if you have HIV.
Fairfax County Health Department offers HIV/AIDS [acquired immunodeficiency syndrome] services to residents of Fairfax County and the cities of Fairfax and Falls Church and clients enrolled in the AIDS Drug Assistance Program. Our services include:
- Confidential HIV testing.
- HIV prevention counseling.
- HIV/AIDS care and treatment support.
- Medicine for people in the AIDS Drug Assistance Program.
- HIV prevention education.
Contact a Health Department clinic for more information about HIV/AIDS services.
There are many ways you can get an HIV test.
- Get tested at a Health Department clinic.
- Find an HIV testing location outside of Fairfax County:
- Visit https://gettested.cdc.gov.
- Download a list of confidential HIV and sexually transmitted infection testing locations in Northern Virginia.
- Call the Virginia Department of Health Disease Prevention Hotline at 1-800-533-4148.
- Text your zip code to KnowIt (566948).