Fosters interfaith communication and cooperation to strengthen resources in the community. We work with faith communities to provide a faith perspective to human services through:
Faith Communities in Action
Fostering interfaith communication and cooperation.
The objectives of the Faith Communities in Action network include:
- Promote and facilitate effective government, community and faith groups communications.
- Strengthen faith communities’ capacity and best practices for the needs of the community.
- Connect and strengthen awareness and understanding of community issues, concerns and needs.
Clergy and Leadership Council
Liaisons from religious and spiritual communities.
The Clergy Leadership Council is comprised of liaisons from Fairfax County religious and spiritual communities and associations within religions. This group provides a faith perspective to Fairfax County’s Health and Human Services system, influencing policy and decisions. If you are interested in learning more about the Clergy Leadership Council contact NCSInterfaith@fairfaxcounty.gov.
Faith and Equity Committee
Working to understand and change the dynamics of racial and social inequities.
Emergency Preparedness Initiatives
Spiritual care to community members impacted by disaster or emergency and emergency preparedness resources for the interfaith community.
FCIA Networking Meetings
- Faith Communities in Action (FCIA) Networking Meeting 5-16-23
- Faith Communities in Action (FCIA) Networking Meeting 3-21-23
- Faith Communities in Action (FCIA) Networking Meeting 1-17-23
- Faith Communities in Action (FCIA) Mental Health and Wellbeing Presentation 11/15/22
- Faith Communities in Action (FCIA) Domestic Violence Presentation 10-18-22
To subscribe to the Common Ground Newsletter or get information about Faith Communities in Action meetings, please subscribe to the "NCS Interfaith– Common Ground" newsletter at E-Mail Subscriptions.