Make sure to report all animal bite incidents by using the Rabies Exposure & PEP Administration Report Form
If you have questions regarding a patient with a possible rabies exposure, please call the Fairfax County Health Department Rabies Coordinator at 703-246-2433 to help you determine if post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) should be administered.
- Rabies Post-Exposure Assessment Tool
- Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices for Human Rabies Prevention
- Information for Doctors - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Reminders
- Call the Rabies Coordinator at 703-246-2433 for help with exposure assessment.
- Determine if the biting animal can be confined before giving PEP.
- Rabies immune globulin should not be given to previously vaccinated people.
- Report PEP using the Rabies Exposure & PEP Administration Report Form
TTY phone number is 711.