The goal of the Fairfax County Health Department's STI program is to prevent the spread of the diseases transmitted sexually in the community by identifying illness, providing treatment and taking actions to prevent the spread of disease.
The Health Department provides a range of STI services, including testing, medications, counseling, oversight of treatment and a wide range of educational efforts focused on prevention of the spread of STIs.
The Health Department does not provide free STI services. We either bill a client’s insurer or charge a sliding scale fee if a client is uninsured. Please contact the clinic nearest you for more information.
STI services may not be covered under your private health insurance plan. Please check with your provider.
STI Testing Clinic Information and Schedule
- Confidential STI testing is available by appointment only at the Health Department's five district offices.
- HIV testing also is available. Learn more about HIV testing services.
- To shorten your wait, fill out and print the following forms and bring them with you to the Health Department:
- Health Department Registration Form
- STI Service Slip
- Hepatitis STI Screening Form
- Authorization to Disclose Personal Information Form
- Sexual Health History | Historial de Salud Sexual
Note: If you are unable to fill out and print the forms, you may arrive up to 30 minutes prior to your appointment time to fill out the forms at the testing site.
Did You Know?
- There are 20 million new STIs in the U.S. each year.
- $16 billion is the cost of treating STIs contracted in just one year.
- One-half of all new sexually transmitted infections each year are among youth.
Remember, many STIs have no signs or symptoms. Some people who are infected don't know it. Knowing your STI status is a critical step to stopping STI transmission.
Learn how you can prevent STIs.
Get the Facts
Learn more about STI prevention, symptoms and treatment from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Girls: Get straight talk about STIs from girlshealth.gov.