You must apply for your permit using PLUS. Plans must clearly illustrate the nature of all of the work to be performed.
- Minimum scale of 1/8 inch = 1 foot for commercial, minimum scale of 1/4 inch = 1 foot for residential
- Code year used for the design.
- Name, address and occupation of the building designer.
- If prepared by a Virginia registered architect or professional engineer, the plans must contain an embedded digital signature, seal and date.
- Project name, address of the building.
- Completed Building Plan Review Cover Sheet.
- For structural work, a completed Statement of Special Inspections.
For additional information, see project specific information on Commercial Construction.
- Building Plan Review Cover Sheet
- Wall bracing method and worksheet. For more information, see our Wall Bracing publications.
- Insulation R-values and U-factors. See our Energy Conservation publication for specific requirements.
- Residential Truss Shop Drawings
For additional information, see project specific information on Residential Construction.