Opportunity Neighborhoods are place-based initiatives. Led by school-government-community partnerships, Opportunity Neighborhoods engage communities in geographically-defined areas to achieve identified outcomes for children and youth.
What is an Opportunity Neighborhood?
An Opportunity Neighborhood is one where residents, schools, local government, community organizations, faith and business partners work collaboratively to create limitless possibility, ensure the well-being of children and youth by reducing barriers and provide a seamless continuum of trauma-informed supports, using data to understand community conditions, measure success and be accountable for results.
- Opportunity Neighborhoods Bulletin - Winter 2018
- Opportunity Neighborhoods Overview
- Opportunity Neighborhoods Brochure
- Opportunity Neighborhoods At-A-Glance
- Fairfax County Public Schools - School Profiles: key information on each Fairfax County public school. Each profile includes contact information, special programs offered, recent test score data, and basic statistics, such as enrollment and staffing.
- Virginia Department of Education - School Quality Profiles: information about student achievement, college and career readiness, program completion, school safety, teacher quality and other topics of interest to parents and the general public. Report cards are available for schools, school divisions and for the commonwealth.
- Fairfax County Youth Survey: a comprehensive, anonymous and voluntary survey given each year to students in grades 6, 8, 10 and 12 that examines behaviors, experiences and other factors that influence the health and well-being of Fairfax County's youth. The results provide a snapshot of the county's youth and serve as a barometer of the community's effectiveness in fostering healthy choices in young people. The Youth Survey is a collaboration of Fairfax County Government and Fairfax County Public Schools.
- Live Healthy Fairfax Community Health Dashboard: provides online access to data on a broad range of topics, links to existing local data resources, and highlights promising practices to promote community health and well-being.
- Fairfax County Community Profiles: interactive visualizations that describe demographic features of the population, labor force participation, and housing units for Census Designated Places in Fairfax County.
- Child Opportunity Index - DC Metro Area: a measure of relative opportunity across a metropolitan area calculated based on indicators of Educational Opportunity, Health and Environmental Opportunity, and Social and Economic Opportunity.
- American Community Survey