High School and Middle School Students: Get where you need to go – FAST and FREE!
Did you know that you can now sign-up for a Free Student Bus Pass SmarTrip card at all Fairfax County High Schools and Middle Schools and ride the Fairfax Connector and City of Fairfax CUE bus for free? For more information visit your school’s administration office; you will need to have your parent’s/guardian’s approval for signing up.
3 Things to Remember - Applying For Your Free Pass
- Your free student bus pass SmarTrip card permits students to ride Fairfax Connector or City of Fairfax CUE buses for free from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., 7 days a week, all year. All other times you will need cash or a standard SmarTrip® card.
- Students must contact their school's administration office to get the appropriate form to sign up.
- Parent/guardian consent is required for this program (this is a requirement of FCPS; Fairfax County Government does not distribute consent forms.)
Tips for Riding Fairfax Connector and City of Fairfax CUE
- Have your student pass out and ready to tap the farecard machine when you board the bus. The driver may ask you to show your card.
- Your Student Pass SmarTrip card will work on Fairfax Connector and City of Fairfax CUE buses.
- If you switch to Metrorail, Metrobus or any other bus system you will need cash or a standard SmarTrip® card.
- Your pass works from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., 7 days a week, all year. Other times you will need cash or a standard SmarTrip® card.
- Give respect to get respect. It’s important to be kind to other riders, especially those with special needs. There are seats designed just for them so try to avoid sitting there.
- If you get lost or turned around, the Fairfax Connector and CUE drivers are great! Just tell them you need help and they will help you.