When there is a change of ownership of an existing food establishment, the new owner must obtain a new Permit to Operate a Food Establishment before taking ownership. Permits to Operate a Food Establishment cannot transfer from one owner to another.
Apply for a New Permit
New owners must submit the following documents to the Health Department to apply for a new permit:
- To apply for Food Establishment, Mobile Food Unit, and Change of Ownership Applications, please go to the PLUS Citizen Portal page and complete the application.
- Training material are available to help you navigate the new PLUS portal.
- Copy of the Temporary Business Professional and Occupational License (BPOL) Certificate (proof that the customer has applied for BPOL).
- Copy of new menu with consumer advisory, if applicable.
- Provide a list of all equipment to be replaced or added.
- Application fee: $80