Faith Communities in Action (FCIA) is a network of faith- and community-based organizations and government agencies that work together to increase awareness of community services and resources, identify community needs and strengthen community capacity to meet those needs.
The primary roles of the Faith Communities in Action Network include:
- Strengthen faith community awareness and understanding of community services and access to services
- Increase faith community awareness and understanding of community concerns and needs
- Connect and network diverse faith communities around community concerns and needs
- Assist the government to address concerns and needs identified by the faith community
- Promote and strengthen the countywide faith community's capacity and coordination practices for addressing the concerns and needs of the community.
FCIA is supported by the Fairfax County Clergy and Leadership Council.