Membership is open to persons 50 years of age who meet eligibility requirements and have paid their annual membership dues to the Fairfax County Department of Neighborhood and Community Services (NCS) Senior Centers. Participants have access to all Fairfax County Senior Centers and can participate in community programs sponsored by NCS. To remain a member in good standing, dues must be paid annually. Memberships are non-transferrable.
To qualify for membership at Neighborhood and Community Services (NCS) Centers for Active Adults, a participant must be 50 years of age or older and with minimal support to be:
- Able to orient correctly to person, place and time.
- Able to independently navigate to programs and through center facilities safely.
- Able to receive, follow and respond appropriately to instructions and emergency directives independently.
- Able to maintain personal care (eating, restroom usage, personal hygiene, medication management) independently.
- Able and willing to follow the Code of Conduct.
An individual who requires assistance with activities of daily living may be able to join in center activities if he/she has a companion or family member with them at all times and approval from center director.
All program applicants must meet eligibility requirements, participation guidelines, and adhere to the Code of Conduct for senior centers. NCS reserves the right to deny access to senior centers or to discharge a participant when program eligibility requirements are no longer met.
Site based senior center staff will make the initial determination as to membership eligibility and advise potential participants of other resources that may better meet their needs. If membership has been denied, a potential participant may file a written appeal. The appeal should contain the facts pertinent to the case. Mail or personally deliver the appeal to the Senior Services Division Supervisor. The appeal must be received within ten business days of membership denial. The decision of the Division Supervisor or his/her designee shall be final.
Membership fees for Fairfax County Residents range from $24 to $48 annually based on household income.
- $24 Membership Fee*: Annual income is $29,980 and below (individuals) or $39,915 and below (married couple)
- $48 Membership Fee: Annual income is $29,981 and above (individuals) or $39,916 and above (married couple)
* Proof of Income: Fees are based on the participant or participant/spouse’s gross income. Applicants requesting a variance in the annual registration fee must provide documentation to the Senior Center Director. A list of eligible documentation may be obtained from senior center staff.
Non-county residents may purchase membership for $100 per year.
Donations for Membership Support: Individuals, families, service groups, clubs and organizations may contribute funds to assist those older adults who need assistance with their annual membership fee. These donated funds can be earmarked for a specific individual or unspecified participants. The donations are tax deductible. More details regarding this donation process may be obtained by contacting your senior center director.
Creating Your Account
Creating your personal account is the first step to a smoother, more convenient experience with accessing the many activities and programs at NCS locations. Follow these five simple steps to set up your account:
Go to the NCS RECDynamics website at https://Fairfax.usedirect.com/ncsweb
Select "Create Account" at the top right corner of the screen.
Complete the required information under the following sections: General Information, Address, Primary Language and Emergency Contact.
Under Senior Center Membership Request, select Primary or Preferred Center from the drop-down list and check the Eligibility Acknowledgement.
When you are ready, select "Create Account" and your new account will be made active.
If you encounter any difficulties with the RECDynamics system, please contact us online by clicking the "Contact Us" link in the system or visit an NCS location for assistance.