Fairfax County Resources for Families with School Age Children
- Fairfax County Office for Children for information about child care, child development and school readiness.
- Fairfax County School Age Child Care (SACC) program provides fun, safe and educational care for children in kindergarten-sixth grade before school, after school and during school vacations in most Fairfax County public elementary schools.
- Fairfax County Public Libraries for information about story time for young children, getting a library card and other programs for young children.
- Fairfax County Park Authority for information on area parks and playgrounds in your neighborhood.
- Fairfax County Public Schools for information on kindergarten registration and orientations.
- Fairfax County Health Department for information on immunizations, health and dental services for young children.
- Fairfax County Department of Housing for information on low-income housing eligibility and related information.
Publications and Other Resources
- Tapping into Technology: Connecting Children, Teachers and Families in the Digital Age
- Milestones of Child Development *
* Fairfax County is committed to nondiscrimination in all county programs, services and activities. To request reasonable accommodations or to receive this information in an alternate format, call 703-449-8989 or TTY 711.
- Child Care Aware of Virginia
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the Northern Virginia Association for the Education of Young Children (NVAEYC)
- Reach Out and Read