Fairfax County provides vacuum collection of leaves from the curb three times each season to a portion of the residences located in Fairfax County Solid Waste Collection Areas. (The solid waste collection areas are established through a petition process. Vacuum collection areas require an additional leaf petition process.) For more information, see the links below as well as our frequently asked questions. If you need additional information, call one of our customer service representatives at 703-802-3322, TTY 711. They are available to assist you Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The Leaf Collection Program is for leaves only. Leaves mixed with brush, rocks, tree trimmings, sticks or trash, etc., will be left behind.
- Place the leaves no further than four feet from the edge of the streetline.
- Please remove all debris from leaves prior to set-out.
- Leaves raked out after the last scheduled round of collection will not be picked-up.
- Do not block streets or pile leaves over storm drains or ditches.
- Do not block leaf piles with cars or any type of equipment that could limit our accessibility to the pile or create hazardous conditions.
- Do not park vehicles on piles of leaves -- this is a fire hazard!
Help Us Serve You Better
- Please remember to rake your leaves out in advance of the timeframe we are estimated to be in your area.
- Follow the Set-Out Information guidelines
- Keep up with your leaves; it could snow!
- Call the Trash/Leaf Collection Office if you have additional questions or concerns.
Customer Service is available Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. by calling 703-802-3322, TTY 711.