See Covid-19 Operational Changes to Protect Front-Line Workers for more details.
Please check this website before visiting our disposal sites.
I-66 Transfer Station and I-95 Landfill Complex CLOSED Easter Sunday, April 12, 2020
See Holiday Hours.
Effective Saturday, April 4, 2020 until further notice:
Availability of free mulch is suspended at both the I-66 Transfer Station and I-95 Landfill Complexes.
Effective Monday, March 30, 2020 until further notice:
Residential Drop-off Facilities at I-66 Transfer Station and I-95 Landfill Complex
- Facilities will open to general public from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Administrative buildings are closed.
- Household hazardous waste and e-waste stations are closed at the I-95 landfill complex. These services remain available at the I-66 transfer station.
- Commercial Cash (non-residential) receipts are no longer accepted on Sundays. Only receipts from residential customers will be accepted on Sundays.
- Donation Stations at both locations are closed.
Visit Recycling and Trash Locations and Hours for details.
Changes to Solid Waste Collection Requirements in Fairfax County
These changes apply to all private haulers (90 percent of county) and county collections customers (10 percent).
- The requirement to collect yard waste is suspended.
- The 30-day prior notice requirements for change of collection schedule or services is suspended. Collectors must still notify customers and the county as soon as possible if changes in schedule are being made.
See Yard Waste Collection Suspension FAQs for additional information.
If you have collection service through a private company, please contact them directly for schedule information. Visit Permitted Solid Waste Collection Companies. For customers with trash collection through Fairfax County Government, see schedule and service change details at County Collection Customers
Purple Can Club (Glass Recycling)
Secure Document Shredding Events
Secure document shredding events are postponed until further notice.