1. Use the online Retirement Benefit Estimator in MyRetirement on the Retirement Systems
website: https://retirementservices.fairfaxcounty.gov/pgwebmember.exe to create an Account and generate your own benefit estimates for DROP or normal retirement.
2. Determine whether you plan to Retire or Enter DROP
3. Approximately 6 months prior to intended DROP Entry
Contact the Retirement Systems Office to obtain a Benefit Estimate
Schedule a DROP analysis appointment by calling 703-279-8200
4. At least 60 days prior to DROP entry return the completed DROP application:
Return your completed DROP entry forms in person or return them via mail. If you choose to drop them
off during our walk-in hours of 11:00am-2:00pm, Monday – Friday, one of our staff can verify that all the
requested information is complete so your application can be processed without delay.
You must make your Joint and Survivor election at the time of application for DROP Entry
5. 45-60 Days after DROP Entry Date:
Welcome to DROP Letter and Calculation Worksheet will be mailed to you within this time frame.
DROP Statements are available through MyRetirement , the secure internet portal on the
Retirement Systems website.
6. DROP Exit Arrangements should be made 60 days or more prior to your retirement/DROP exit date.
DROP members must exit the DROP no later than 3 years after DROP entry.
Complete DROP Exit Application
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Walk-in hours: 11:00am to 2:00pm - Limited services are available during walk-in hours