Inside the Current Issue of Branch Out Magazine...
Tails and TalesTM: Animals and Stories
Be sure to check your branch or curbside pickup bag for a print copy of the magazine — it includes a word search, matching game, crossword puzzle and summer reading log!
- Interactive Fun From This Issue:
- Pals and Paws Animal Track Identification Activity
- Library Lovers' Crossword #2: Tails and TalesTM
- 2021 Summer Reading Adventure Print Reading Log
- Read, Reuse, Recycle Your Branch Out Magazine
Kids' Stuff: Early Literacy
- Never Too Young for Nonfiction
- Take Early Literacy Fun Outdoors
- Facebook Live Interactive Story and Activity Times for Preschoolers
Kids' Stuff: K-6
Teens & Tweens
- Fantastical Creatures and Where to Find Them (in Literature)
- Matching Game: Are You a Master of the Mystery Genre?
- Show Off Your Creativity in Summer Contests
- Get Outer My Space!: Summer Stargazing Guide
- Cold Noses, Warm Hearts: Lesser-Known Animal Literature
- Short on Time or Attention? Turn to These Short Stories
- Adults, Join the 2021 Summer Reading Adventure!
- Create, Share, Discover With BiblioBoard
- Grow Your Reading Habit With Beanstack
- A Fast, New Kind of Short Story Delivery
Books & Beyond
- Is Audiobook Listening Considered “Reading”?
- Audiobook Narrators We Love
- Behind the Scenes: Processing Department
- Fostering (Animal) Relationships: Community Resources for Furry Friends
- Animals Care for Us, Too: Service and Therapy Dogs
- A Very Important VIP Volunteer: Supporting Visually Impaired Persons During the Pandemic
- Cinema in the Community Presented by the Fairfax Library Foundation