There Are Only 4 Simple Steps to Enroll in Adult Day Health Care
1. Schedule Admissions Meeting
When you are ready to get started with enrolling your loved one, you call us: 703-704-6048, email us or complete our online contact form to schedule an admissions meeting, or simply reach out directly to your local Adult Day Health Care Center in Herndon Harbor, Lewinsville, Lincolnia or Mount Vernon directly. The nursing director will complete a nursing assessment and discuss your needs so we can develop an individualized care plan. The nursing director will also review the logistics of enrollment, which include financial information, transportation options and center program details.
2. Complete Essential Forms
- Physical Exam and Tuberculosis (TB) Screenings are completed by the participant’s physician in advance of the admissions meeting. These documents must be dated within 30 days of the participant’s first day at our center.
- Social History and Emergency Contact Information are completed by the caregiver prior to the participant’s first day at our center.
3. Organize Financial Information
Adult Day Health Care offers a sliding fee scale based on the participant’s income plus two percent of assets excluding the participant’s home. We determine daily fees and transportation fees based on income. Financial and insurance documentation will be reviewed at the admissions meeting and a fee estimate provided.
4. Determine Transportation
Most participants use Fastran, a Medicaid transportation provider, or family. Transportation is hand-to-hand, meaning that your loved one is walked into our center and escorted back to their transport at the end of the day.
Documents Families Should Bring to the Admissions Meeting
- Completed physical exam and TB screening forms.
- Copy of tax return, latest bank statement (checking and savings), other relevant income information (social security income, pension and other assets such as money markets, trust funds).
- Insurance cards, Medicare and/or Medicaid information.
- Advance directives, living will, Durable Do Not Resuscitate (DDNR), legal guardian paperwork.
- Medication details.
- To get these forms, email us, or contact your local Adult Day Health Care Center in Herndon Harbor, Lewinsville, Lincolnia or Mount Vernon directly.
Who Is Eligible?
Adults 18+ who require supervision during the day due to dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, or another cognitive or physical impairment. They must be able to transfer with the assistance of no more than one person and be able to feed themselves.
Fees, Trial Period and Cancellation Policies, Scholarships
Fees: Fees are based on a daily sliding fee scale, which is determined by the participant’s income (and spouse if relevant) and two percent of assets.
Trial Period: We offer a 30-day trial period to ensure we are the right match for one another.
Commitment: Participants must commit to two days each week.
Scholarships: A Scholarship Program is available. For more information, contact us.
Insurance: Long Term Care Community-Based Medicaid covers the service for those that qualify, and many Long Term Care Insurance policies will cover Adult Day Health Care services.