Welcome to the Friends of the Kings Park Library. The Kings Park Friends group has actively supported the library since 1976.
The purpose of our organization is to work in partnership with library staff to provide information, resources, and services:
- By raising funds for library items, for beautifying the library grounds, and for programs to meet special needs of library patrons.
- By bringing community feedback and needs to the library.
- By focusing public attention on library services, facilities and needs.
- Instrumental in starting The Friends Scholarship Fund through the Fairfax Library Foundation.
- Two book sales per year, each making over $10,000.00
- Funding for teen programming during the Summer Reading Program
- Purchase of chairs and tables for Library Meeting Room
- Instrumental in starting The Friends Scholarship Fund through the Fairfax Library Foundation
- Purchase of over $4,900 of shelving equipment for the Library
- Financial support for many other Library improvements and programs
Please consider being a Friend of the Kings Park Library to help enrich the experience of our library patrons and join others who value our library. Membership is free. The Friends value your support to spread the word about Kings Park Library programs, to tell neighbors and friends about book sales and need for donations and to provide your comment about what we are doing right and what can be improved. Our goal is to continually improve the library experience at Kings Park.
To become a Friend of the Kings Park Library, please visit the branch.
Annual Members' meeting will take place December 19, 2022. Board of Directors meetings are held on the 4th Monday of each month, except for a mid-summer meeting and the December meeting. Check the Friends electronic bulletin board in the Library lobby for updated information.
Donations should be delivered to the bin at the staff entrance (back entrance) of the Library. The donations will be offered to the public in our twice-yearly sales (May and November) or at our on-going sale (fiction only). Books should be in good condition as damaged, dirty, musty, or out-of-date books do not sell.Materials for donation should be delivered to the Kings Park Library at the staff entrance (back entrance) of the building.
President: Dennis Chamot
Vice President: Linda Wirth
Secretary: Sandy Beeson
Treasurer: Judy Nitsche
Booksale Chair: Judy Nitsche