The Friends of the Reston Regional Library are an active group of volunteers who support the Library through ongoing and special semi-annual book sales. Through the generosity of the Friends, the Reston Regional Library has been able to: sponsor special children's programs and other cultural events, fund new service desks, needed furniture, equipment and supplies.
To become a Friend of the Reston Regional Library, please visit the Friends of the Reston Regional Library website.
Best of Reston
The Friends of the Reston Regional Library were 2013 Best of Reston Award Winners.
The Friends of the Reston Regional Library support the public library in its efforts to improve its collections, services, and programs offered to area residents.
Programs and equipment made possible by the Friends of the Reston Regional Library include:
Children's Programs in the library and Reston public schools; Children's section supplies and furniture; Children's Books and Story Time at Embry Rucker Shelter; Geronimo Stilton Book Club; supplies for RRL staff; Free book coupons for early readers in Reston public schools and for summer reading program participants; Great Stories Club; Movie License; Teen Advisory Board; ESOL Classes; ESOL materials collection; Great Discussions Series; Harry Butowsky Sunday history series; Grounds Maintenance with Reston Garden Club; RRL at MakerFaire NoVA; Library Holiday Open House, Library Anniversary celebration, and other community outreach events and materials, including free books.
Senior (65 years and over): $5.00
General Membership: $15.00
Good Friend: $50.00
Best Friend: $100.00
Special Friend: $250.00
Meetings are held quarterly (February, May, August and November). Dates, times and locations are announced to members.
FRRL has an ongoing book sale and also hosts seven sales annually at the Reston Regional Library. For information on upcoming sales, please visit the Friends of the Reston Regional Library website.
- Two boxes per day, between library opening and 3pm
- The Reston Friends are happy to accept donations of used books in very good, saleable condition!
- Please NO books with highlights, underlining, torn pages, water, mildew, animal, or smoke damage.
YES, PLEASE—DO DONATE
- New books, Best sellers, coffee-table
- Collectible books, Antiquarian, prior to 1950
- Art, Architecture, History, Philosophy, Science
- Magazines—Prior to 1960 OR <3 months old; Specialty Magazines—up to 12 mon old (e.g. Architectural Digest)
- Media—CDs, DVDs, Books on CD; Great Courses
- Recent maps (<5 years) or antique maps (pre-1950)
- Good condition Puzzles or Games (all the pieces!)
- Books for Teens, Young Adults, Children, Educators
NO, THANK YOU
- NO VHS tapes, audio cassettes, or phonograph / vinyl records
- NO Self-Help/Medical more than 3 years old
- NO Travel Books more than 3 years old
- NO National Geographic, Smithsonian, oversized magazines, or free/membership magazines (AARP, AAA, etc)
- NO Remainders from yard sales, rummage sales, etc.
All contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
In addition to individual memberships, the Reston Friends also welcome corporate donations in a variety of formats. Some area businesses provide in-kind donations of food and supplies to help keep our volunteers up and running during book sales. We list these local businesses on our website and encourage the community to patronize them. Corporate Donors to the most recent Reston Friends semi-annual sale can be found on the Reston Friends Sale Sponsors page.
Some businesses offer matching donations when their employees make a cash contribution to our organization. Some employers offer "free" volunteer hours to encourage their employees to become involved in the community. If you're a company interested in donating, or would like more information, please contact the Reston Friends at RestonFriendsPR@gmail.com.
In Kind Sponsors from our 2017 Fall Book Sale include:
- 7-Eleven—Soapstone Drive, Reston
- Amphora Grill—Elden St, Herndon
- Baja Fresh—Fairfax Towne Center, Fairfax
- Baskin-Robbins—North Point Village Center, Reston
- Eggspectation—Westone Plaza, Chantilly
- Giant Food #747—North Point Village Center, Reston
- Giant Food #153—Fox Mill Shopping Center, Herndon
- Great Harvest Bread Company—Station Street, Herndon
- Gregorio's Trattoria—North Point Village Center, Reston
- The Home Depot—Price Club Plaza, Fairfax
- Honebaked Ham—North Point Village Center, Reston
- Jerry's Subs and Pizza—North Point Village Center, Reston
- La Ong Thai Bistro—Fox Mill Shopping Center, Herndon
- Lucia's Italian Ristorante—Fox Mill Shopping Center, Herndon
- Office Depot #339—Spectrum Center, Reston
- Papa John's Pizza—Fox Mill Shopping Center, Herndon
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop—Sunset Hills Road, Reston
- Safeway #1570—Hunters Woods Village Center, Reston
- Starbucks—Fox Mill Shopping Center, Herndon
- The Chantilly Donut Shop—Henninger Court, Chantilly
- Wal-Mart—Fair Lakes Dive, Fairfax
- Wegman's—Monument Drive, Fairfax
- Whole Foods—Plaza America, Reston
- Vapiano Reston LLC, Explorer Street, Reston
And special thanks to Myers Public Relations for help and advice in spreading the word about our sales and events!
Friends Book Club
The Friends book club meets at the library on the second Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m. All are welcome!
President: Brian Jacoby
Vice President: Rob Evon
Secretary: Helen Fedor
Treasurer: Mai Nguyen
Members at Large: Rik Karlsson, Dennis Hays
PR and Community Outreach: Eileen Evon
Friends of Reston Regional Library website
Visit the Reston Library Friends website for more information.
CONTACT THE FRIENDS OF RESTON LIBRARY
Call us: 703.829.5467