As of Monday, July 13, all library branches are available for "express" services. Library patrons will be able to once again use their local branches, but with some modifications in place, including:
- Express services are focused on grab-and-go style activities, so daily visits are limited to 30 minutes;
- Each branch will have a capacity limit to support social distancing;
- Library users may browse the shelves, use a computer, and pick up holds;
- The library will continue to offer virtual programs, with only limited in-person programs provided;
- Social distancing features will include plexiglas shields at customer service desks, social distancing floor stickers, every other public PC disabled, and some furniture removed from the public floor or moved to support six feet of distance between users;
- Returned library materials will continue to be quarantined for 72 hours; and
- Meeting rooms will continue to be unavailable as the spaces are housing furniture removed from the public floor as well as quarantined library materials.
- Normal circulation procedures will resume on August 1st. This includes: items will be due after their normal circulation period, fines will be assessed, and holds will begin expiring again if not picked up.
Additionally, the popular curbside services will continue, even as express interior services begin, to provide an option for our residents who are not yet comfortable using library facilities.
Express services will be available at all locations Monday–Tuesday 10 a.m.–8 p.m. and Wednesday–Saturday 10 a.m.–6 p.m., while curbside services will continue to be offered Monday–Saturday 10 a.m.–4 p.m
Visit the Library Services During Closure guide for more information and check out the top 10 ways you can FCPL at home for ideas about how to stay engaged with the library’s digital resources and virtual programs.