In a small community like Great Falls, the library serves a central role in educating our citizens and enriching the lives of all who visit. Since its dedication, the Great Falls Library has continued to grow and expand its community outreach activities.
The Friends of the Great Falls Library are committed to support, assist and promote the library by
- Enhancing library resources and services.
- Offering diversified programming to children and adults.
- Fostering a strong connection between the library and the local community.
As a Friend of the Great Falls Library, you have the satisfaction of supporting your local library and an array of programs, events and activities that may include:
- Quality children’s programming such as story time, puppet shows and creative experiences that often involve the whole family.
- Activities for young people, such as ice cream socials and movie nights.
- Arts and crafts bazaars, book valuations.
- Rotating art exhibits showcasing the work of local artists.
- Used book sales; an opportunity to enlarge personal libraries and fi nd great bargains while at the same time supporting the library.
- Saturday morning coffee for library visitors.
- Volunteer recognition activities, including the annual tea.
Additional support for the library beyond its operating budget, including supplementary shelving and seating within the library, purchase of various “wish list” items such as outdoor furniture for the garden.
Be a Friend
When you become a Friend, you help to enrich our community by supporting creative library programs for all citizens of Great Falls. You will receive advance notice of all special events, have the opportunity to become a volunteer at the library, receive the Friends Newsletter, and join in special events to recognize all the Friends of the Great Falls Library.
To become a Friend of the Great Falls Library, please print this application and mail it in or drop off at the Great Falls Library.
You may also email the Friends.
The purpose of this organization is to establish and maintain an association of persons interested in the Great Falls Library; to focus public attention on and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the Great Falls Library; to support and cooperate with the Library in developing public library services and facilities for the Fairfax County area in general, and for the Great Falls community in particular.
Friend (individual, family) $25 - $50
Good Friend $51 - $100
Special Friend $101 - $250
Best Friend $251 - $500
Corporate Friend $500+
Lifetime Friend $1000+
Checks are payable to Friends of the Great Falls Library and may be mailed to:
Great Falls Library, Attn: Friends
9830 Georgetown Pike
Great Falls, VA 22066
Annual membership runs from January 1 through December 31.
Ongoing and special sales of new, used, hardcover and paperback books; special-interest books and magazines; and CDs, records, videotapes and audiotapes to raise money for the library.
The Great Falls Library accepts donations of used books, magazines, CDs and videos in good condition that are of popular interest. Since we have little storage space, please limit your donations to one or two boxes. We do not accept textbooks, and we have an overabundance of National Geographic, Smithsonian, and Reader's Digest magazines.