Access Services Hours:
703-324-8380 | TTY: 703-324-8365
The Access Services branch removes barriers to library services for people with disabilities. Our many services include: providing opportunities to learn about assistive technology and equipment, providing books in alternative formats to people with vision impairments and delivering books to readers who cannot visit a local library. We welcome invitations to present informational programs and participate in community events.
Customers discover assistive technologies at Access Services-sponsored event.
Check out the new YouTube video by Fairfax County’s Channel 16 staff showing all the great services we offer at Access Services:
Branch Manager: Rose Asuquo
Volunteer Coordinator: Beena Pandey (find volunteer opportunities at Access Services)
Outreach Manager: Ken Plummer
Talking Book System Manager: Daniel Ramos
Board Trustee Member: Stella Pekarsky - Sully District
Advisory Group Chair: Cheryl Piper
Spanish and Hindi.
Please call the library to see when the foreign language speaker is available.
- Overview of Services
- Assistive Technology for People with Disabilities
- Deposit Site Collections
- Home Delivery of Library Materials
- Newsletter and Outreach Programming
- Services for People Who Are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Special Collections
- Talking Book Program
- Braille and Audio Reading Download (BARD)
- Downloading MP3 audiobooks from OverDrive
- Bard Mobile
- Useful Links for People with Disabilities