Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) meetings are open to the public. If you wish to speak at a BZA meeting, it is recommended that you sign up ahead of time using the BZA Speaker Sign Up form below. Testimony may be provided as follows:
- (Pre-register or day of) By Phone: Register to Speak below no later than 3:00 p.m. the day before the hearing; staff will call you after registering to confirm your preferred method of testifying and provide additional information. Persons who did not pre-register may call the number provided on‑screen during the hearing to provide testimony.
- (Pre-register) By Video: Register to Speak below and submit a YouTube Video no later than 3:00 p.m. two days before the hearing. Staff will call you after registering to confirm your preferred method of testifying and provide additional information. Please review the Instructions for Video Testimony Submissions webpage for more information and to submit your video.
- (Preregister or Day of) In Person: Register to Speak below no later than 3:00 p.m. the day before the hearing. Staff will call you after registering to confirm your preferred method of testifying and provide additional information. Persons who did not pre-register may provide testimony during the hearing in the Board Auditorium at 12000 Government Center Parkway.
Phone testimony is available the day of the hearing by calling 703-324-1020. You will be placed in a queue following those that have pre-registered.
Fairfax County is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all county programs, services and activities and supports the Americans with Disabilities Act by making reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. For additional information on ADA, call (703) 324-1334 (TTY 711 Virginia Relay Center).
Speaking Time Allocation
- Three minutes for speakers addressing the Board on their own behalf or on behalf of a business.
- Five minutes for speakers representing a civic, citizen, or homeowners association. Only one representative per association is allotted five minutes.
- Individual association members may speak on their own behalf with a three-minute limit.
- In the event of unusual circumstances, the Chairman may request comments be held to shorter time limits.
Audio Visual Support
Registered speakers who have presentations which require audio visual should contact the Department of Cable and Consumer Services - Communications Productions Division (Channel 16) to arrange for AV support.