Members of the public may submit video testimony for the Board of Zoning Appeals public meetings. Public hearings are held in the Board Auditorium at the Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035.
If you are registering to testify via video submission, please note the following:
- You must first register to speak for the Speaker’s List before submitting a video below or by calling the Clerk to the Board of Zoning Appeals at 703-324-1280.
- Your comments must be limited to issues relevant to the public hearing matter for which you are testifying.
- You may speak for three minutes as an individual; if you are the spokesperson for a group you may speak for five minutes.
- Requests must be fully completed by 3 p.m., two days before the hearing to be considered.
- All videos submitted must be appropriate (see disclaimer below).
- All videos must be clearly audible and visible.
- Your video must be uploaded to—and playable from—YouTube without advertisements.
- Only standard YouTube video submissions will be accepted, not YouTube Shorts.
- Videos that meet the criteria listed above will be played during the public hearing.
Video Testimony Submission Form
Please completely fill out each field in the form below. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
Video Testimony Submission Notice and Disclaimer
Fairfax County will accept video testimony for consideration during Board of Zoning Appeals public hearings. Video testimony must adhere to the same expectation for in-person presentations (three minutes given to individuals for testimony, five minutes given to individuals representing a group). Comments must be limited to issues relevant to the public hearing matter for which you are testifying, and speakers must deliver their comments with the decorum and respect appropriate to the conduct of the public's business. Out-of-order remarks or other indecorous conduct will not be accepted. Speakers may only testify once during the public hearings; speakers may not testify via video and in person. Video testimony will be reviewed prior to public hearings and videos not meeting these standards will not be played during Board public hearings.
By submitting video testimony, you agree that the County may distribute it as the County deems necessary or appropriate, including via broadcast and web-streaming to general public audiences. You grant Fairfax County an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, and broadcast the video. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, and permissions to grant the County those rights, and that you have secured all necessary permissions and releases from any person and for any copyrighted material contained in your video.
You agree that you will hold Fairfax County harmless for any claims for infringement or violation of rights resulting from the use of your video. You acknowledge that the video must meet Fairfax County requirements and that the video will be rejected if it does not meet those requirements, in the sole opinion of Fairfax County.