Standards when permitted by administrative permit:
(1) An administrative permit may be issued for a period not to exceed 21 days. Any request for a longer period of time may be approved by special permit in accordance with subsection 8100.4.
(2) An administrative permit may not be issued unless adequate provision is made for off-street parking and loading requirements.
(3) Outdoor display of goods and merchandise must be located within the designated area on a plan submitted with the application.
(4) The following events must be sponsored by a charitable, educational, or nonprofit organization operating within the County:
(a) Open-air markets, such as craft fairs or flea markets; and
(b) Seasonal sales located on sites used for nonresidential uses in residential districts.
(5) Seasonal sales located in commercial districts are subject to the following:
(a) These events are limited to 21 days with 30 days between events;
(b) If limited to the timeframe in (a) above, this use is exempt from site plan or minor site plan requirements per subsection 8100.7.D; and
(c) This use is subject to the NonRUP fee listed in Table 8102.
(6) The sale of used merchandise, such as furniture, household goods, or other similar items, is only permitted with an open-air market.
(7) The outdoor display of automobiles, manufactured homes, trailers, camping equipment, boats, antiques, and similar large items may not include the sale of such items in conjunction with and on the site of the display.
(8) The Zoning Administrator may not issue an administrative permit for a carnival or circus where the proposed activity will:
(a) Occur within two miles of any other carnival or circus for which an administrative permit has been previously obtained; and
(b) Commence within a time period of three weeks from the ending date of any other carnival or circus within a two-mile radius for which an administrative permit has been previously obtained.
(9) The Zoning Administrator will notify the Animal Services Division of the Police Department upon receipt of an application for an administrative permit involving the display or exhibition of animals. In addition to the requirements of this Ordinance, the property owners or operators of any special event such as a carnival, circus, animal exhibition, or any other similar event that involves the exhibition of animals must obtain a County license in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 25 of the County Code, and a permit in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 41.1 of the County Code.
Standards when permitted by special permit:
(10) An application for any such approval by the BZA must be filed 120 days before the date on which the permit is to take effect.
(11) A special event as a special permit use must comply with the standards in subsections (1) through (9) above.
(1) The County may inspect the property during reasonable hours and in accordance with subsection 8106.2.D.
(2) The Zoning Administrator may revoke an administrative permit at any time if the owner or operator of the use fails to comply with all requirements of the law with respect to maintenance and conduct of the use and all conditions imposed by the Zoning Administrator in connection with the permit.
(3) The Zoning Administrator will issue a notice of revocation to the owner or operator, hand-delivered or mailed, return receipt requested, setting forth the grounds upon which the permit was revoked, the date and time the revocation took effect, and describing the appeals procedure. Upon receipt of the notice, operation of the activity must cease.
(4) These provisions do not preclude the use of any other remedy prescribed by law or by this Ordinance with respect to violations of this Ordinance.