The applications will be collected and Interviews will be held at the following open hires.
Must be 18 years or older to apply.
|May 15||5 to 8 p.m.||Oak View Elementary School||5004 Sideburn Rd Fairfax, VA 22032|
|May 22||11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.||Fairfax County Park Authority||12055 Government Center Parkway Fairfax, VA 22035|
|June 6||11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.||Fairfax County Park Authority||12055 Government Center Parkway Fairfax, VA 22035|
For Admission to an Open Hire, you MUST bring:
- Photo I.D. (drivers license, passport, school photo ID)
- Voided check (to set-up direct deposit for your paycheck)
- Social security card (your original copy for tax purposes-no exceptions)
Open Hires allow applicants to apply and interview for Rec-PAC summer positions. If hired, the applicant will complete necessary paperwork for the program. This process can take up to 3 hrs.
Rec-PAC Camp Leaders and Site Directors Earn $10.95 to $12.50 per hour
- Oversees campers and staff
- In charge of day-to-day operations at a Rec-PAC site.
- Facilitates daily activities and assists with site program planning.
- Works with a group of campers.
- On-call to move to sites when walk-in registrations require more staff.
- May work at different locations daily or weekly.
- Scheduled as needed - when leaders are absent or there is a need for rovers
- Staffing is based on camp registrations; there is no guarantee of weekly hours or location assignments.
- Staff may be moved at any time to fulfill program needs.
- A negative TB test is required by June 27.
- Certifications in first aid and CPR are required and must be valid through August.
- Staff must work all six weeks of the program.