October 24, 2020 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Attend the 50th anniversary celebration.
2020 marks the 50th anniversary of Green Spring Gardens. As part of our celebration, once a week on our social media pages we're presenting one of 50 reasons to love Green Spring Gardens. As the year progresses, you'll find those 50 reasons here:
1. Number one: Art shows. Green Spring showcases paintings and photography by local artists. There is a new exhibit every two months.
2. Warm up in the Historic House with insightful and entertaining programs and afternoon tea.
3. The Winter Lecture Series. A great lineup of horticulture and history speakers visit on Sunday afternoons through March. Sponsored by the Friends of Green Spring.
4. Art Classes. Green Spring offers drawing and watercolor classes throughout the year.
5. Seeds. Not only are there seeds for sale in the gift shop, but Green Spring hosts an annual seed exchange for park visitors.
6. Winter blooms. Winter aconites, snowdrops, lentin roses and camellias are just some of our beautiful blooms that bring color to winter.
7. Witch Hazels. Green Spring has a nationally significant collection of more than 200 witch hazels.
8. Floral design workshops. You don't just learn how to grow flowers at Green Spring. You learn how to display them, too.
9. Knowledgeable staff and volunteers. Green Spring staff and volunteers are always happy to answer your gardening questions, especially during this 50th anniversary year.
12000 Government Center Pkwy
Fairfax, VA 22035