Since 1970, Green Spring has developed a number of gardens designed to demonstrate a wide range of gardening styles as well as feature plants available to local residents. Rock garden, shade garden, blue garden, mixed border, manor house garden, rose garden, herb garden, fruit garden, vegetable garden, backyard wildlife habitat, water-wise garden, and townhouse garden are just a selection of the many different types of horticultural displays featured within the park.
Through its gardens and educational programming Green Spring advances the awareness and practice of gardening in Metropolitan Washington, DC. The following are some of our internet resources for gardeners followed by listing of other resources available at the Gardens.
Native Plant Information Sheets
- Native Trees and Large Shrubs for the Washington D.C. area
- Native Shrubs for the Washington D.C. area
- Native Herbaceous Perennials for Sunny Gardens in the Washington D.C. area
- Native Herbaceous Perennials and Ferns for Shade Gardens in the Washington D.C. area
- Native Groundcovers for the Washington D.C. area
- Native Ornamental Grasses and Sedges for Gardens and Meadows in the Washington D.C. area
Other Information Sheets