Circuit Court

CONTACT INFORMATION: Our office is open 8AM-4PM Monday-Friday
(703) 691-7320 TTY 711
4110 Chain Bridge Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
Christopher J. Falcon
Clerk of the Court

Department Resources

Related Resources


Fairfax Alerts

County Locations for Marriage Ceremony

Search Circuit Court

Fairfax County Government Centers Available for Marriage Ceremonies

As a courtesy to our Fairfax County residents, the following is a list of government offices that can be reserved for holding a wedding ceremony. Please call the individual facilities for the room size and availability.

Select district for more information:

Braddock District Supervisor's Office
9002 Burke Lake Drive
Burke, VA 22015
Tel. 703-4259-300

North County Government Center
12000 Bowman Towne Drive
Reston, VA 22090
Tel. 703-478-0283

Franconia Government Center
6121 Franconia Road
Alexandria, VA 22310
Tel. 703-971-6262

Mason District Government Center
6507 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003
Tel. 703-256-7717

Mt. Vernon Government Center
2511 Parkers Lane
Alexandria, VA 22306
Tel. 703-780-7518

Fairfax Courthouse
4110 Chain Bridge Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
Tel. 703-691-7320 Press 3,7

West Springfield Government Center
6140 Rolling Road
Springfield, VA 22152
Tel. 703-451-8873

Sully District Government Center
4900 Stonecroft Blvd.
Chantilly, VA 20151
Tel. 703-814-7100

Things to Consider

Marriage License: A marriage license is required prior to the ceremony and can be issued to the couple by any Circuit Court in Virginia.

For more information about marriage licenses in our county, please visit our Marriage License Information page or call 703-246-4100.

Authorized Celebrant: All celebrants must have prior authorization from a Circuit Court in Virginia to have the authority to perform a legal marriage ceremony. Please verify with the officiant you choose that they have gone through the legal authorization process to solemnize a marriage in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The celebrant will be required to provide on the marriage license the authorizing court in Virginia and the year the court authorized he or she to perform marriage ceremonies.

If your minister/clergy person's church is located outside of Virginia, prior to the ceremony, he or she will need to obtain authorization from a Virginia Circuit Court to perform the wedding ceremony in Virginia.

Civil celebrants listed on the Fairfax Circuit Court website are already authorized to perform weddings in Virginia.

Celebrant Fee: Pursuant to §20-27 of the Code of Virginia, civil celebrants can charge a fee up to $75 to perform the wedding ceremony. The Code also allows for mileage to be charged for travel.

Location: Wedding ceremonies are not required to take place in any "official" location. Ceremonies can be performed anywhere (with permission of the property owner), within the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Information you may be interested in ...

In order to view PDF files, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer


Fairfax Virtual Assistant