The mission of the Zoning Administration Division (ZAD) is to interpret and implement the adopted Zoning and Noise ordinances in a fair, consistent and accurate manner. When necessary, the Zoning Administration Division prepares amendments to the Zoning and Noise Ordinances to better reflect the community’s needs, values and goals.
The Zoning Administration Division consists of two branches that perform the duties listed below.
Ordinance Administration Branch
- Provides general information on the Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map
- Prepares Zoning and Noise Ordinance Amendments
- Processes appeals of Zoning Administrator’s decisions
- Maintains current and historical Zoning Ordinances for reference and research purposes
- Prepares responses to inquiries including, but not limited to requests for:
- Issues certain administrative approvals or permits including:
Zoning Permits Branch
- Provides general information on the Zoning Ordinance (including the Sign Ordinance), Noise Ordinance, and Zoning Map
- Reviews Building Permits for compliance with the Zoning Ordinance
- Processes Special Permit extended hour requests
- Processes requests for administrative comprehensive sign plans
- Issues the following zoning permits: