Fairfax Circuit Court's Electronic Filing System (EFS) offers customers the option to electronically record certain land record documents from remote locations without having to deliver paper documents to the Courthouse. The Clerk's Office staff reviews and accepts or rejects the documents electronically and recording taxes and fees are collected via ACH payments.
There are no subscription fees and currently no additional recording fees for using EFS.
Title companies, law offices, mortgage companies and lenders can electronically deliver documents to the Courthouse from across the street and across the nation seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. This saves companies time, money and provides greater efficiency and speed in recording land documents. The equipment requirements icon are minimal.
The Land Records' staff processes documents from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
EFS also supports customers who record with Simplifile, Corporation Service Company (CSC) and eRecording Partners Network (ePN) for the electronic recording of land record documents. Contact these vendors directly for more information.
- Business Subscriber Agreement:
- Terms and conditions for new customers (only required for the initial subscription). This document must be signed by a company officer who is authorized to enter into contracts. Each company must complete an Agreement.
- The Agreement must be signed, notarized and the original delivered or mailed to the Fairfax Circuit Court.
- Individual Subscriber Application:
- Application and security questionnaire for individual users. Each individual user must complete an Application.
- The Application must be signed, notarized and the original delivered or mailed to the Fairfax Circuit Court.
- Adding New User(s) to a Business or County Agency with Existing Accounts:
- Current EFS customers who want to add new users must fill out, notarize and submit an Individual Subscriber Application for each user along with a request on company letterhead.
- Letterhead Memo - From an officer of the company (or your agency's AISC if you are a Fairfax county employee) authorized to enter into contracts and on company letterhead. The memo should request an account for the user(s) by name.
Fairfax Circuit Court
Attn: IT Department (EFS) – Suite 322
4110 Chain Bridge Road
Fairfax, VA 22030