Domestic Relations Services

703-246-3040 TTY 711
4110 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 202
Fairfax, VA 22030
Tina Spurlock
Acting Director

Child Support

  • A parent or person with legal custody of a child can file a petition for Child Support in Domestic Relations.
  • Child Support is often based upon the determination of Custody and Visitation
  • NEW child support cases are generally filed in the county/state where the paying party lives or together with Custody & Visitation cases in this court
  • Virginia guidelines are used by the judge to determine child support based on both parents’ incomes
  • Talk with your attorney or Domestic Relations if you have questions about where to file for Child Support
  • Cases brought to court are subject to filing fees

How To:

Fairfax Virtual Assistant