Court Orders can be obtained by coming in person to the JDRDC Records Counter on the third floor of the Fairfax Courthouse. Normal operating hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm. No files will be pulled after 3:45pm.
You will need proof of identification that you are a party to the case. Accepted identification includes:
- Valid U.S. driver's license
- DMV identification card
- Military ID
- Original birth certificate
Attorneys must show a Virginia Bar Card. You do not need to be a party to a case to receive a copy of an adult criminal warrant, protective order, or child support order, but you will still be asked to present identification. Children's information will be redacted (i.e., removed) for non-parties.
- Files will not be pulled for viewing/inspection/copies 24 hours before or after a court hearing (No exceptions)
- No more than 5 cases per day will be pulled for viewing/inspection/copies. If more than 5 cases are needed, a request can be filled out and left at Records.
- Requested records will be ready within 24 hours
- No more than 10 pages will be copied at the time of service. If more than 10 pages are needed, a request can be left with Records.
- Copies can take up to 72 hours and may be picked up or mailed.
- Payment is due at the time of service or when a request is made.
- Fee is $1.00 each for the first two pages and $.50 for each page thereafter.
- No files will be pulled for inspections/copies after 3:45PM
- Faxed requests will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to come in person, you may mail a written request to the address below. Your request must include the case name or number, what documents you wish copied, the requestor's name, address, phone number, and a copy of the requestor's ID.
Our address is:
Court Records4110 Chain Bridge RdSuite 301Fairfax, VA 22030
Records can be reached at 703-246-2580 between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm.
If you are looking for information regarding the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) please click here.