Safe and supportive visitation and exchange services are provided to allow families the opportunity to build healthier relationships. The program encourages opportunities that strengthen the parent-child bond while avoiding unnecessary stress, complicated adult conflicts, and safety issues.
- Designed as a temporary measure as families work toward a more permanent solution.
- Parents are provided with information and referrals to other services.
- Families must be ordered into the program by a Fairfax County Judge.
- The program is structured so that parents have no contact before, during, or after visitation or exchanges.
- Separate face-to-face Intakes are required for each parent before services can begin.
- Interpreters and other special arrangements are available, upon request.
- allows family members a time and place to visit with the child
- offers activities and opportunities for families that encourage communication and bonding
- monitored small group visitation provides a setting for several families at once
- program staff are available for support during the visit
- provides safety for the children without being intrusive
- approximately 90 minutes long, evenings and weekends, by appointment only
- supervised exchange of children for offsite visitation with a noncustodial parent or family member
- reduces conflict and stress while providing a safe exchange
- allows children to be exchanged without any direct contact between the parents
- if there is concern for the safety or well-being of the child during the exchange, the visit will be cancelled
- By appointment only, based on staff availability