The Fairfax County Park Authority offers trips and tours that vary from season to season year-round.
Shopping, sporting events, festivals, day cruises, museums, beaches, New York City, railroad, historic, day cruises and winery type day tours are just some of the many trips offered.
- Longwood Gardens bursts with a wide array of colors and aromas from delicate flora
- Spend a hot summer day cruising to Tangier Island or soaking up the sun on the beach in Ocean City
- The fall is a colorful time of year to travel to the Shenandoah Valley and see the magnificent foliage
- Winter brings the flowers of the Philadelphia Flower Show to life
You must have a Parktakes Online account to make online purchases. If you have previously taken a program with the Park Authority or receive Parktakes magazine in the mail, you already have an account.
For information on how to create an account or recover your existing account, please visit Parktakes Online FAQs or call 703-222-4664, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. It's FREE!
Click to Create Account
Talk to a live operator by phone: 703-222-4664. Operators are standing by weekdays from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., and extended morning and evening hours during the first week of registration.
- Internet: You can register for trips and tours with Parktakes Online. Don't have an account yet? Click to Create Account or call 703-222-4664.
Find Trips and Tours
- Fax: 703-631-2004. Faxed registrations received prior to the first day of registration will be held until that date.
- Mail: Mail registrations with check, VISA or MasterCard payment to FCPA/Parktakes, P.O. Box 4606, Fairfax, VA 22038. Mailed registrations received prior to the first day of registration will be held until that date.
- Walk-in: Bring your registration in person to any FCPA RECenter or to the FCPA main office in the Herrity Building (9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday) at 12055 Government Center parkway, Suite 425, Fairfax, VA, just minutes from Fair Oaks Mall and across the street from the Fairfax Government Center.
You will receive a confirmation card if you register by fax or mail. Allow at least one week for delivery.
Call Park Services Classes, Camps and Tours for questions about our trips and tours offerings, requests for special accommodations, assistance with planning your trip for your company or group, or departure/return locations. Phone: 703-222-4664, Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
|Burke Lake Park||7315 Ox Rd. Fairfax Station|
|E.C. Lawrence Park/ Walney Visitor Center||5040 Walney Rd., Chantilly|
|Fair Oaks Mall||(Lot #1 across from the Marriott Hotel in the Macy’s lot.), Rts. 66 and 50, Fairfax|
|Fairfax County Government Center||Commuter Lot, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax|
|Green Spring Gardens||4603 Green Spring Rd., Alexandria|
|Lee District RECenter||6601 Telegraph Rd., Franconia (Park in lower parking lot by gym.)|
|Mason Government Center||(Park along the fence.) 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale|
|Oak Marr RECenter||3200 Jermantown Rd., Oakton|
|Packard Center||Annandale District Park, 4022 Hummer Rd., Annandale|
|Riverbend Park||8700 Potomac Hills St., Great Falls|
|Vienna Metro Station||North Side, 9550 Saintsbury Dr., Fairfax|
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
- Please be courteous to the nearby business and government establishments by parking away from prime parking spots for daytime customers (see parking instructions for each site in the table below).
- Remain inside your vehicle until the bus arrives and your trip escort signals that the bus is ready for boarding.
- If you are being dropped off or picked up at a location, remember that return times may vary based on traffic and other reasons.
- Remember to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. The bus must leave on time to follow the itinerary.