Thank you for your interest in a Fairfax County Park Authority park for your picnic! We are proud of our parks and are confident that you will enjoy your day. Keep in mind sites are in great demand, so make your reservation early.
To make a reservation download and complete the Picnic Area/Picnic Shelter Application and submit it along with appropriate payment. Upon receipt of your payment, a validated Sales Receipt (Picnic Permit) will be issued by email.
Please submit the application one of these ways:
- Email: FCPAPicnics@fairfaxcounty.gov
- Note: Do NOT include payment information – once the application is received and reviewed you will be contacted to confirm availability and complete the reservation process.
- Mail: FCPA Picnic Department – 12055 Government Center Parkway, Suite 105, Fairfax, VA 22035-5500
- Note: Do NOT mail cash payments; checks can be made out to “FCPA Picnics."
- In person: Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to noon – 12055 Government Center Parkway, Suite 105, Fairfax, VA 22035-5500
- Note: Contact us in advance for updated office hours.
- Fax: 703-653-6672
- Note: Please include payment information on faxed applications.
- Book Online: For immediate permitting of select facilities and timeslots (available for rentals 10 or more days in advance)
- Note: Special Requests may take additional time for the approval process. For rentals with no additional requests or issues, final permits will be issued 7-10 business days in advance of the reservation date.
Applications may take up to 3-5 business days to process. The Picnic Department stops accepting applications for the upcoming weekend Thursdays at 4 p.m.