Step by Step Instructions to Request a Field Trip Date: Read all instructions before beginning your booking process
If you are requesting a date less than two weeks in advance, please call the park for availability.
Please note that sites limit the total number of students per day. Larger groups may be accommodated over multiple days.
See the OUTREACH section on this page to learn how Sully can bring museum education to your students.
Sully's buildings and collections provide vivid contrasts between today's life in Northern Virginia and the everyday realities of life in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Tours and learning center activities focus on the food, clothing, and schooling of Sully's residents.
For those studying the colonial and federal periods in history, Sully's Museum Education Program brings a hands-on, personalized look at life during the Richard Bland Lee family's residency at Sully from 1794 to 1811. Tours and centers give students an experience that brings to life the textbook study of events and people of the past.
Learning centers and tours highlight aspects of the federal period:
• The beginning of the federal government and establishment of Washington D.C. as the nation's capital
• Life during the time of Presidents George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison
• Cooking techniques in an original, open hearth kitchen
• Workings of a large gentry farm
• Textiles production
• Family life for the Lee family
The museum education programs are offered weekdays from 10 a.m.-noon between October and the winter break, and from March through the end of the school year. A docent leads students through learning center activities and a tour of the main house. Sully's indoor learning centers are available for winter school groups.
• Admission is collected when you arrive at Sully's Visitor Center and Squirrel’s Nest Museum Gift Shop.
• Teachers are free.
• $8/Fairfax County school students
• $9/Out-of-county students
• Payment methods accepted: cash, check, MasterCard, Discover or Visa. Make checks payable to F.C.P.A - Sully.
We request one adult per 10 children or one to two adults per learning center. Sully can accommodate up to two chaperones per center.
• $8/Fairfax County school chaperones
• $9/Out-of-county chaperones
A historical interpreter can come to your school, group, or senior center. There are five great programs available, or a program can be designed just for you. Each program lasts approximately one hour and includes displays and presentations tailored to your group's participants and ages.
Call 703-437-1794 to schedule or for information.
12000 Government Center Pkwy
Fairfax, VA 22035