Sully offers hands-on Boy Scout and Girls Scout programs that meet most badge requirements. Programs are one to two hours long and are offered on weekends and weekdays. The cost depends on the length of the class and supplies.
- Scouts may sign up for a program through Parktakes Online or by calling the site to schedule a program for a group of eight or more scouts.
- Payment is required three weeks prior to the reserved class.
- Refunds are available with a two-week written notification.
- The fee for adults wishing to participate is $5.
- Troop leaders are free.
For specific badge requirements or questions, please contact Sully's Scout Coordinator at 703-437-1794.
Merit Badge classes are offered through Parktakes Online. They are four hours long. Scouts participate in classroom discussions, group activities, and in interpreting primary sources. To participate in a Merit Badge class, please register through Parktakes Online. Call the site to reserve a class for groups of eight or more. Registered scouts will receive a welcome letter and a pre-work packet via email prior to the class.
Badge programs available:
- Citizenship of the Nation
- Citizenship of the Community
- Textile American Heritage
- American Cultures
- American Labor
Scout Programs at Sully
Adventure: Tiger Bites
Adventure: Tigers in the Wild
Elective Adventure: Family Story
Elective Adventure: Stories in Shape
Elective Adventure: Tiger Tales
Adventure: Paws on the Earth
Adventure: Running with the Pack
Elective Adventure: Adventure in Coins
Elective Adventure: Collections and Hobbies
Elective Adventure: Grow Something
Adventure: Paws for Action
Adventure: Cast Iron Chef
Elective Adventure: Art Explosion
Elective Adventure: Build it
Elective Adventure: Looking Back, Looking Forward
Make the World a Better Place
Using Your Resources Wisely
Celebrating Your Community
My Family Story
Playing the Past
Science of Style