Step by Step Instructions to Request a Field Trip Date: Read all instructions before beginning your booking process
- Go to: https://fairfax.usedirect.com/FairfaxFCPAWeb/ or click the “Request a Reservation” link on any Field Trip page.
- Log in with a ParkTakes account, or create a new one. You can create an account with a work or personal email.
- After logging in, choose your desired location. Enter the park name into the search box and select it from the drop-down menu or click the site’s icon on the interactive map.
- Hint: You may need to maximize your screen.
- Select the Green or Red “Reserve” button to see the site’s rentable options.
- Select the “Reserve” or “Check Availability” button associated with the School Field Trip option. A calendar with available dates will appear.
- Available days are represented with a green box. Use the date selector or arrows to see future dates. When you have found your desired date, click on the green box.
- Hint: Although there is a drop-down menu for the number of nights, the reservations are for day use. You can continue with your reservation.
- Hint: Confused about which unit to reserve? Visit the site’s webpage for definitions.
- Click 'Reserve Unit' in the pop-up window.
- On the Booking Details screen, complete all applicable boxes in the “Extra Information” section. All fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Hint: If you receive an error before the Booking Details screen, you have likely chosen a reservation date that is within two weeks of the current date. Please select a new date, or call the site directly to book a field trip that is within two weeks of the current date.
- Hint: There is a 20-character limit in the email field. Your email address may not fit. This information was captured when you logged in.
- Hint: When selecting the number of students, you will notice a drop-down menu. Please enter the maximum number of students for your trip. If you have more students than available in the drop-down, you may need to book an additional date. Sites limit the total number of students per day. Larger groups may be accommodated over multiple days.
- After completing all information, check the box indicating that you agree with the terms and conditions, then select “Book Site”. You will then be taken to your shopping cart.
- Hint: To make another reservation, select “Reservations” at the top of the Shopping Cart page.
- When you have completed making your reservations, review your cart and select “Go to Checkout”.
- After you select “Go to Checkout”, a window will open verifying receipt of your request. You will also receive an email. There are no fees charged for a reservation request. Payment is due on the day of the program. Staff will be in touch to finalize your reservation.
If you are requesting a date less than two weeks in advance, please call the park for availability.
Please note that sites limit the total number of students per day. Larger groups may be accommodated over multiple days.
Download Detailed Instructions