Thank you for your interest in a Fairfax County Park Authority park for your picnic! We are proud of our parks and are confident that you will enjoy your day. Keep in mind sites are in great demand, so make your reservation early.
To make a reservation, please book online, fill out the web form, or submit an application. Once payment is received, a Sales Receipt (Picnic Permit) will be issued by email.
- Book Online: For immediate permitting of select facilities and timeslots (available for rentals 10 or more days in advance)
- Note: Special Requests may take additional time for the approval process. For rentals with no additional requests or issues, final permits will be issued 7-10 business days in advance of the reservation date.
- Web Form: Please fill out the web form, this request will be sent directly to the Picnics Department.
- Note: Do NOT include payment information – once the form is received and reviewed you will be contacted to confirm availability, to collect payment information, and complete the reservation process.
- Download and complete the Picnic Area/Picnic Shelter Application and submit it one of the following ways along with the appropriate payment.
- Email: FCPAPicnics@fairfaxcounty.gov
- Note: Do NOT include payment information – once the application is received and reviewed you will be contacted to confirm availability, to collect payment information, and complete the reservation process.
- Mail: FCPA Picnic Department – 12055 Government Center Parkway, Suite 105, Fairfax, VA 22035-5500
- Note: Do NOT mail cash payments; checks can be made out to “FCPA Picnics."
- In person: Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 4:0 pm – 12055 Government Center Parkway, Suite 105, Fairfax, VA 22035-5500
- Note: Contact us in advance for updated office hours.
- Fax: 703-653-6672
- Note: Please include payment information on faxed applications.
Web Forms or Applications may take up to 3-5 business days to process. Without a Sales Receipt (Picnic Permit) the reservation request is not confirmed. The Picnic Department does not accept reservations over the phone. The Picnic Department stops accepting applications for the upcoming weekend Thursdays at 4:00 pm.