Celebrate your birthday in the great outdoors!
Choose your party topic: Insect Investigation, Reptiles and Amphibians, Wetland Wonders or Nature Hike/Scavenger Hunt.
Other topics may be available upon request. Past examples include Art in Nature, Birds, and Beavers.
- All birthday parties are held in the Outdoor Shelter. No indoor birthday party space available.
- Birthday parties are offered April 1 - December 1.
- Parties are scheduled for three-hour time blocks.
- There are two three-hour time blocks on Saturdays and Sundays:
- 9 a.m. to noon rental block (Party will be 9:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. The 30 minutes before and after are for set up and clean up.)
- 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. block (Party will be 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. The 30 minutes before and after are for set up and clean up.)
- Please note that the Norma Hoffman Visitor Center hours change throughout the year, which can limit access to indoor facilites like the exhibit room, gift shop, and restrooms. There is an outdoor port-o-potty available year-round in the parking lot.
- If you would like your party on a weekday, please call for availability.
- Cost: $250
- Shelter seating capacity: 50
- Tables: 8
- Grills: 1
- Electricity: yes
- Ages 2-14
- Maximum: 25 children
- An additional $12 fee is assessed per child over 20 up to a maximum of 30 children.
- Siblings aged 12 years and under count as party participants.
- Food and beverages may be consumed only at tables and are to be provided by the family. Children must be seated for food and drink.
To Book a Party
Call 703-768-2525 to check availability and reserve a date.
Upon receiving the email/phone call notice of your party date acceptance, the full fee for the reservation is due.
Cancellations made more than two weeks prior to the party date receive full refunds minus a nonrefundable $25 administrative fee. No refunds are made for cancellations within two weeks from the party date.
Staff will review the program outline with you upon request. The week before your scheduled party you will receive an email reminder with instructions on how to access the tables and chairs.
Bring food and supplies to Huntley Meadows on the day of your party. Ice cream and beverages may be stored in our refrigerator. Please make arrangements one week in advance if you require storage for more than one gallon of ice cream or more than three gallons of beverage. Red beverages and alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
You are welcome to bring decorations. We ask that no balloons or piñatas be used. We encourage environmentally-friendly decorations. No stapling to posts or messy decorations. Please clean the party area and remove all decorations when finished.