Swimming is prohibited in the river.
Canoe, Kayak and Row Boat Rentals
Boating Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Weekends and Holidays; 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Weekdays
|May 18 through Memorial Day||Fridays-Sundays, Holidays|
|Memorial Day - Labor Day||Thursdays-Sundays|
|Labor Day - October 8||Fridays-Sundays, Holidays|
- Boat rentals are subject to river conditions. There are no rentals during hazardous river conditions.
- Call Riverbend at 703-759-9018 for boat rental, ramp openings and current river information.
- Pets are NOT allowed on boats.
- Boaters are advised to go upriver from the boat launch area to avoid the Aqueduct Dam one mile downriver.
- No boating is allowed past the buoys downriver.
Boat Rental Fees
|Type||½ Day Rental (Up to 3 hours)||Full Day Rental (Up to 6 hours)|
|Single Sit-on-top Kayak||$18||$30|
|Tandem Sit-on-top Kayak||$25||$35|
|Canoe (3 people max)||$20||$32|
|Row Boat (3 people max)||$18||$30|
Group Kayak, Canoe, and SUP Tours
Riverbend Park offers kayak, canoe and SUP tours on request for friends, office groups or anyone looking for a scenic day out. Paddle amongst the river islands, relax, and enjoy the river wildlife.
- No previous experience required
- This is not a whitewater tour.
- Boats/Boards and safety equipment provided
- Program length: Two hours
- Reservations and advanced payment required.
- Tour canceled if inclement weather or hazardous river conditions
- Single and Double kayaks available
- Single kayak (14 yrs or older), Double Kayak (min 5 yrs and 30 lbs + 14 yrs or older)
- One to five people: $200
- Each additional person: $40
- Maximum: 15
- Two person canoes
- One to six people: $240
- Each additional person: $40
- Maximum: 12
- One person per board
- 12 years and older
- One to four people: $196
Paddling Program Waiver
Please download and bring the signed form with you on the day of your scheduled tour or class.Request a Paddling Adventure
Boat Ramp Information
- Boat Ramp Fee: $5/boat
- The ramp is open year-round as weather and river conditions permit.
- Please call Riverbend Park at 703-759-9018 for current river conditions.
Water skiing, jet skis, big boats and tubes are NOT permitted. The river section near the park is shallow and rocky. There is no whitewater in this section of the river.
Life Jackets Are Required. All Boating is at Your Own Risk.
BE AWARE! There is a dangerous dam one mile downriver from the Riverbend boat ramp. A line of white buoys marks the danger area above the dam. Boaters may not pass the buoys.
KNOW THE RIVER: Current River Stages Map: Potomac River Basin
For researching river levels on the link above, Little Falls is the closest recorded river level to Riverbend Park. When Little Falls reaches a level of 4.6, Riverbend Park's boat ramp is closed. The ramp is closed at approximately 3.0 feet on the gauge at Riverbend.
Boat Ramp Closed: When the river level is within the DANGEROUS (RED) level at the Riverbend boat ramp. The river is unsafe for boating.
Boat Ramp Open–Experienced Boaters Only: When the river level is within the CAUTION (YELLOW) level, the Riverbend boat ramp is open but at a higher than normal boating level. Use caution.
Boat Ramp Open-All Levels: When the river is below the CAUTION (YELLOW) level, the river is at or below the normal boating level.