The Fairfax County Comprehensive Plan Amendment (PA) Work Program lists authorized current and future planning studies and amendments.
The Work Program consists of:
- Minor or Site-Specific plan amendments - which involve smaller geographies, typically a small consolidation of properties or a land unit, or a section of a roadway;
- Areawide Studies or Activity Center amendments - which involve larger geographic areas, which may include planning districts or one or more activity centers; and
- Countywide and Policy amendments - which address countywide policy guidance and objectives.
New to the 2023 Work Program, items are identified by tiers:
- Tier 1 - are in areas of development focus or support an identified County priority, such as providing affordable housing or enhancing office development, and represent the highest priority for staff resources and timing;
- Tier 2 - may not be in areas of development, and are typically reviewed in conjunction with the submission of a development application and as staff resources are available; and
- Tier 3 - are deferred studies, with the timing of the review to begin following completion of other studies, planning efforts, or other actions that would influence the policy context.